Composition: The after-milking udder protective drug generating bactericide film assisting protecting the nipples canals from pathogenic microorganisms. 100 ml of the drug contain chlorhexidine – 0,5 %, allantoin – 2 %, glycerine – 10 %, additives – cellulose derivatives, colour, aromatic oils, demineralized water about 100 ml.
Pharmaceutical form. Thick green liquid.
Pharmacological intervention. A film-forming material containing chlorhexidine. Used as a preventive measure against mastitis and for milk quality improvement in the regions exposed to it.
Biological properties. The drug has a high antiseptic and repellent effect. Thin protective biofilm, formed on the surface of the nipple of the udder, prevents penetration of the microflora into the canal of the nipple in the intervals between milking. Chlorhexidine is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including pathogenic pathogens causing mastitis: Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus pyogenes, Pseudomonas Аeruginosa, Proteus Vulgaris, Staphylococcus Aureus, Enterococcus Hirae Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter aerogenes, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Streptococcus bovis, Corynebacterium bovis, Escherichia Coli, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis, and also has a fungicidal effect.
Animal species. Cows.
Application directions. The drug is used to prevent mastitis and improve the quality of milk.
– allantoin has strong regenerative properties, promotes rapid healing of cracks, removes irritation, softens the corneal layer, stimulates the removal of dead cells;
– chlorhexidine as part of a synergistic mixture of active ingredients works effectively and, at the same time, delicately, normalizes active skin metabolic processes, normalizes local metabolism, and thus contributes to the healing of the skin of the nipple of the udder;
– does not cause irritation, dryness and, consequently, cracking of the udder;
– pleasant smell and colour of fresh herbs;
– fast universal antimicrobial action and allows to provide within wide limits the protection of the cattle udder;
– promotes the effective reduction of infections caused by coliform bacteria (Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Hafnia, Klebsiella, Fecal coliform, Escherichia), as well as infections caused by Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis, Staphylococcus aureus, leading inevitably to an increase in the milk productivity of cows
– fast wound healing, softening properties;
– stay long on the nipples of the udder;
– reduces economic costs for animal treatment and productivity losses;
– low dropping rate, as a result – economical in use;
– maintains a good condition of the nipples skin, facilitates care during both manually and mechanized milking.
Application directions. The drug is ready for use without additional manipulations and dilutions. After removing the milking device from the udder the skin of the udder nipples are treated with the drug by immersion in special cups filled with the drug, since after milking the nipple canal remains open for 30 minutes more, increasing the risk of penetration of bacteria and viruses (leukaemia) into the udder due to cracks, injuries and cuts. Before the next milking the nipples should be rinsed with warm water (not lower than + 35C) or by special drug. The expense of the drug depends on the size of the nipple of the udder, as well as on the rate of application of the remedy.
Adverse events. None.
Precautions for the staff. Do not need special personal protection means, as the drug does not possess skin-resorptive, local and allergic effects.
Shell life: 12 months since produced.
Conditions of storage and transportation. Store in the original packaging, away from heat, in a place protected from direct sunlight, at a temperature from + 50С to + 250С.
Package. Cans 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 l