Composition: antiseptic containing iodine in the form of iodpovidone, propylene glycol, moisture-retaining components, pH and water regulator.
Pharmaceutical form. Thick liquid of reddish brown colour.
Pharmacodynamics. PVP-iodine is a coordinating polyvinylpyrolidone-iodine complex providing an antiseptic and disinfectant effect.
PVP-iodine has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity. Highly active against gram-positive bacteria Streptococcus spp. (including S. mutans, S. sanguis), Staphylococcus spp. (Including S. aureus), Bacillus subtillis (vegetative forms and spores), Propionibacterium acne, Clostridium spp., gram-negative bacteria of Escherichia spp., Klostridium spp., Proteus spp., Pseudomonas spp., Schigella spp., Salmonella spp., Fungi Aspergillus spp., Candida spp., Microsporum spp., Penicillum spp., Nocardia spp., Trichophyton spp., Actinomyces spp. (Including A. viscosus, A. naeslundii), viruses and some of the simplest.
At the place of Uberaseptik application, a thin, painted film layer is formed which retains its effect until all iodine is released. Due to the presence of polyvinylpyrolidone, active iodine is released from the drug slowly and gradually, giving an antibacterial effect on microorganisms without irritating and burning effects on the tissues.
Pharmacokinetics. Polyvinylpyrolidone refers to iodophores that bind iodine. If skin or mucous membranes contacted, iodine is released gradually and evenly.
Uberaseptik is non-resistant for microorganisms as an active iodine remedy.
The reddish brown colour of the solution indicates the suitability of the drug for use. Blurring indicates the antibacterial activity decrease.
Animal species. Cows and goats.
Application directions. It is used to prevent mastitis and improve the quality of milk
Contra-indications. Uberaseptik is inconsistent with oxidizing agents, salts and alkalis.
– iodine as a part of the synergetic mixture of active ingredients works effectively and, thus, delicately, normalizing active skin metabolic processes, normalizes local metabolism and, thus, contributes to the healing of the nipple skin of the udder;
– does not cause irritation, dryness and, consequently, cracking of the udder;
– pleasant smell and colour;
– provides fast universal antimicrobial action and allows to provide wide protection of the udder;
– helps to effectively reduce infections caused by coliform bacteria (Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Hafnia, Klebsiella, Fecal coliform, Escherichia) along with Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis, Staphylococcus aureus infections, inevitably leading to an increase in the milk productivity of cows.
– fast wound healing, softening properties;
– long-term retention on the nipples of the udder, economical expenses with low dropping capacity;
– maintains a good condition of the skin of the nipples, facilitates control of the service.
Application directions. The drug is ready for use without additional manipulations and dilutions. special cups are thoroughly washed of other antiseptics remains. Regularly, at least once a week, the cups should be washed in warm water. After removal of the milking device from the udder after the milking, the nipples skin is treated by immersing at least ¾ of a nipple in a special cup filled with the drug. Since the nipple canal remains open for 30 to 120 minutes after the milking, it increases the risk of bacteria penetration into the udder.
Before the next milking the udder should be rinsed thoroughly off with warm water (not lower than + 350C) or another before-milking udder treatment remedy.
The expense of the drug depends on the size of the nipple of the udder, as well as on the speed of remedy application.
Adverse events. None.
Precautions for the staff. Do not need special personal protection means, as the drug does not possess skin-resorptive, local and allergic effects.
Shell life: 6 months since produced.
Conditions of storage and transportation. Store in the original packaging, away from heat, in a place protected from direct sunlight, at a temperature from + 50С to + 250С.
Package. Cans 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 l or by order.
Dispensing regulations: Without prescription.